Sunday, June 21, 2009

Today's Norman roadtrip

I took a mini-roadtrip today to Norman to see the new routing of U.S. 77 through the northern part of Oklahoma's 3rd largest city. Previously, U.S. 77 ran along (from south to north) Classen Blvd./Porter Blvd. from 12th Avenue S.E. to Robinson Avenue; Robinson Avenue from Porter to Flood Avenue; and Flood Avenue between Robinson and Interstate 35 at Exit 113. Now, it runs along 12th Avenue S.E. from Classen Blvd. until a newly extended Tecumseh Road, then takes Tecumseh Road west to Flood Avenue, then heads north on Flood Avenue to Interstate 35 at Exit 113.

Route:
I-44 West to I-40
I-40 East to I-35
I-35 South to Tecumseh Road
Tecumseh Road (new U.S. 77) East to 12th Ave. N.E. (new U.S. 77)
U.S. 77 South to just past the former southern terminus of OK 77H
U.S. 77 North to Flood Avenue (old U.S. 77)
Various streets in Norman
OK 9 West to H.E. Bailey Turnpike Spur
H.E. Bailey Turnpike Spur West to OK 4
OK 4 North to S.W. 15th St.
S.W. 15th St. East to Kilpatrick Turnpike
Kilpatrick Turnpike East to OK 3

Pictures have been uploaded to Flickr, and can be accessed here. I apologize for some pictures having the camera strap visible in the windshield; I didn't realize it until I got home. But the pictures are still of good quality. You may also notice that the pictures are larger than usual; I experimented with a larger picture size for all pictures taken today. (1024 x 768 instead of 640 x 480)

No comments: