Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Planned trip route: (subject to change)
I-35 North to I-135
I-135 North to U.S. 81
U.S. 81 North to U.S. 136
U.S. 136 East to U.S. 77
U.S. 77 North to I-80
I-80 West to Laramie, WY
I-80 East to I-25
I-25 South to U.S. 36
U.S. 36 West to Boulder
U.S. 36 East to I-25
I-25 South to U.S. 87
U.S. 87 South to I-40
I-40 East to OKC
This will not be the only big trip we will be taking this summer, as we are also planning our first trip to Michigan since May 2003. The dates for that are not set yet, but it will likely be in late June or early-mid July. The route is already planned, but I will hold off on announcing the route until a later date.
Tomorrow night, I will be leaving OKC on a 3-day trip to the Lubbock, TX area for a concert & for county collecting. I will be driving to Weatherford, OK tomorrow night, and then on to Lubbock & Post on Saturday, and then home on Sunday. This will be my 3rd time to be in Lubbock but the first time I have been there since April 2006, when I was there on two consecutive days. (On a related note, it seems like I only go to Lubbock every 4 years because the 1st time I went there was in July 2002)
Friday & Saturday:
I-40 West to I-27
I-27 South to Loop 289
Loop 289 East to U.S. 84
U.S. 84 East to Post
U.S. 84 West to Lubbock
U.S. 82 East to TX 6 (including Marsha Sharp Freeway)
TX 6 North to U.S. 287
U.S. 287 South to U.S. 283
U.S. 283 North to OK 6
OK 6 North to I-40
I-40 East to OKC
The new counties that will be collected this weekend are all in Texas, and they are Lynn, Garza, Dickens, King, and Foard counties.
On Sunday 2/28, I plan on taking a trip to Clinton, OK for another concert. This trip will just be along I-40, but if I have time, I may cover other roads in the area. Of course, this is weather permitting.
Next blog: Wyoming Trip announcement!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
- Exits 1A-B - Interstate 40 - Ft Smith/Okla City - Cloverleaf with c/d lanes
- Exit 5 - E1100 Rd - Simms - diamond
- Exit 12 - Tamaha Rd - Garland - diamond
- Exit 18 - OK 9 - diamond
- Exit 24 - OK 26 - diamond
- Exit 29 - OK 31 - diamond
- Exit 36 - Calhoun - diamond
- Exit 43 - U.S. 59/U.S. 271 - SPUI
- Exits 45A-B - OK 112 - trumpet
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Exit 1 –
Exit 13 – OK 4 – Yukon/Piedmont (mm 13.4) - SPUI due to anticipated growth in this area
Exit 16A –
Exit 16B – Kilpatrick Turnpike (mm 16.7) - stack interchange
Exit 21A –
Exit 21B –
Exit 22 – Meridian Ave/Lake Hefner (mm 22.7) - Diamond
Exit 23A –
Exit 23B –
Exit 24A – OK 3 East/OK 74 (mm 24.1) - Stack
Exit 24B – Independence Ave/Baptist Medical Center (mm 24.4) - Diamond
Exit 25 – May Ave (mm 24.9) - SPUI
Exit 26A –
Exit 26B – Classen Blvd (mm 26.8) - SPUI
- Frontage roads would be built between Exit 18 (County Line) and Exit 24B (Independence)
- Texas turnarounds would be built for all interchanges between Exit 18 & Exit 24B (except for the Exit 24A stack)
- The freeway would be 4 lanes (2+2) between U.S. 81 & Kilpatrick Turnpike, and 6 lanes (3+3) from the Kilpatrick to I-44
Saturday, February 6, 2010
- Signs on Interstate 40 between Interstate 35 North & the Oklahoma-Pottawattomie County line have been replaced. The new signs are in Clearview. I am glad these signs finally got replaced, as many of them have been around since the freeway was built. I am not so glad that they were replaced with Clearview, but I guess that is a "sign" of the times.
- As part of the above sign replacement project, the error signs that said "Sunny Lane Road" instead of "Sunnylane Road" have been replaced. The new signs say the correct "Sunnylane Road".
- An old button copy BGS, complete with a button copy OK 165 shield, remains in place on U.S. 62 East in Muskogee
- OK 412A is not signed at all from either direction of Scenic U.S. 412.
- The 4-way stop at Scenic U.S. 412 & OK 82 in Locust Grove has been replaced with a stoplight
- OK 10 is not signed very well along its duplex with U.S. 62 in Cherokee County between the Cherokee-Muskogee County line and the Tahlequah bypass
- The U.S. 62/U.S. 69 duplex in northwest Muskogee is now 7 lanes (3 lanes each direction + a center turn lane)
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
It has been almost a month since I last blogged. Not too much has gone on in that month. I did finish writing picture captions from the San Antonio Trip. I had a trip to Tulsa & Tahlequah planned for this past weekend, but due to the winter weather, I had to cancel it. That makes 2 trips in the past 6 weeks that I have had to cancel due to winter weather! Of course, in the weeks between the cancelled trips, the weather was nice. But I can't control the weather, so all I can do is move on.
I am planning on making a trip to Lubbock on February 20 for a Southern Gospel concert. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so I can make this trip. I will also be making a trip to Clinton, OK, on February 28 for another concert.
This past Sunday, I compiled a map of all counties I have been in. You can access that map by clicking here. I have been in 37.1% (or 1166 of 3141) of the counties in the United States. Not too bad for a 26-year-old.
I have also created a Facebook fan page for OKRoads. That page can be accessed here.
That is all I have for today. See y'all later, and drive safely.