Route (this is slightly different from the route I had proposed):
Kilpatrick Turnpike East to I-35
I-35 North to U.S. 412
U.S. 412 East to LL Tisdale Parkway
LL Tisdale Parkway North to Gilcrease Expressway
Gilcrease Expressway East to OK 11
OK 11 East to I-244
I-244 East to I-44
I-44 East to U.S. 412
U.S. 412 East to I-540
I-540 South to U.S. 271
U.S. 271 South to OK 112
OK 112 South to Poteau
- I drove the LL Tisdale Parkway & the Gilcrease Expressway in Tulsa, which weren't in the original plans. The first shield on the Gilcrease Expressway is a square, while the other two posted are circles (much like the LL Tisdale Parkway shields).
- I-244 in downtown Tulsa will be closed starting July 13 for construction; there are several portable VMS's & signs mentioning this. There are also orange signs with a map of the downtown Tulsa freeway system on the signs to assist motorists in bypassing I-244
- The Cimarron Turnpike is not signed at all along U.S. 412. In fact, the only reference to the turnpike name was at the maintenance headquarters for the turnpike near Morrison.
- Hallett is mis-spelled with one 't' at the toll plaza on U.S. 412 East
- Clearview has invaded the Cimarron Turnpike; there are very few non-Clearview signs remaining
- Signs on U.S. 64 & U.S. 412 between OK 48 & I-244 have been replaced since I last drove it in 2004
- The Cherokee Turnpike (U.S. 412) has no exit numbers
- U.S. 59 is not fully signed on its duplex with U.S. 412, however, the U.S. 412 & AR 59 duplex just a couple miles to the east is well signed (for Arkansas)
- The control "city" for I-540 South in Fort Smith is "Oklahoma"
I am also about to update the Picture of the Week on OKRoads.
4 days til we leave for New England!