Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Retro" Sign Goofs

If you have been following this blog & my Flickr lately, you know that I have been on a "2006-kick" lately. In other words, I have been uploading and captioning pictures from 2006 that never got a webpage made for them on OKRoads.com. While doing these pictures, I have been reminded of a couple of sign goofs that I am glad I photographed: (click on picture for larger size)
DSC08460
U.S. 77 South approaching OK 74C, which connects OK 74 & U.S. 77 in Logan County. Notice Crescent is spelled incorrectly. This was taken on July 29, 2006, and I have not been back to this area since then, so the Cresent goof may still be present.
DSC08906
Interstate 35 & OK 77 North assurance shields, as taken on December 9, 2006. These were posted near the end of the reconstruction project that widened Interstate 35 to three lanes in each direction through the Shields interchange in north Moore. This sign goof was corrected a few months later and this shield assembly now displays a correct U.S. 77 shield. There were two other cases where OK 77 shields were posted during this construction project...one on the northbound frontage road at the on-ramp from N. 12th Street, and the other was a shield assembly on Interstate 35/U.S. 77 South. Those have been corrected as well.
DSC07561
DSC07562
DSC07563
Near U.S. 70's eastern junction with U.S. 377 & OK 99, U.S. 377 and/or OK 99 South is signed as West 3 times. These pictures were taken May 29, 2006. I have not been to this area since this day, so I am not sure if these goofs have been fixed.

ES

No comments: