Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Final Blog of the Decade

Good evening. It is about 90 minutes until the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010. My wife & I are still in San Antonio. We still plan to leave Saturday and drive to Wichita Falls that day before heading back to OKC on Sunday.

Tuesday was a cold, rainy day. Thankfully, the rain subsided some in the afternoon, and my wife wanted to see a movie, so while she watched the movie, I went out and did some roadgeeking around San Antonio! I got pictures of U.S. 90, TX 151, and Spur 422.

Wednesday, I drove to Laredo and back to San Antonio via U.S. 90, U.S. 83, and I-35. Not much to report; other than the drive between Laredo & San Antonio is quite boring. I already knew that prior to Wednesday, though, as I did that drive in October 2003 during the South Texas Roadtrip. Which brings me to this point: this trip could also be called South Texas Roadtrip Part 3...

Today, my wife & I mostly stayed in the hotel to watch the OU-Stanford Sun Bowl game on TV (which OU won!), but we did venture out a little bit. We just took U.S. 281, though, which I have already covered this week. I have got to know U.S. 281 quite well this week...

Tomorrow, my wife & I are planning on going to LuLu's Bakery for a large cinnamon roll (3 1/2 pounds!). From there, we will go to New Braunfels & Austin and check out those areas. And, yes, that does include the University of saxeT.

Have a great new year everybody! See y'all later, and drive safely.

ES

No comments: