Tuesday, December 15, 2009

San Diego Trip to be affected by weather?

The San Diego Trip is scheduled to begin in 11 days, on Saturday, December 26. I am planning on driving from OKC to Odessa, TX, on that day, via I-44, U.S. 277, & I-20. Currently, there are several weather forecasts saying that there will be winter precipitation in Oklahoma late next week. Thankfully, there are still 11 days between now and the scheduled beginning of the trip, but it will be interesting to see what the weather does and if it affects the trip.

If there is winter weather, I would much rather have snow than ice. I have driven in snow on one roadtrip, the Florida Trip in December 2003, where I to reroute the trip from Charlotte, NC, to Murfreesboro, TN, to bypass the NC mountains due to a snowstorm that dumped 8 inches of the white stuff. I still did get to drive through snow between Chattanooga & Murfreesboro but it wasn't very much.

I will keep posting updates on here as time gets closer. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the trip will go as planned, but this time of year, you never know with Oklahoma weather.

ES

No comments: