Monday, June 15, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to the new blog of OKRoads.com, OKHighways.com, and the OKRoads Flickr page!

I will be using this blog to post roadtrip recaps, announce new uploads to my Flickr page, and also for the occassional rant (much like the Road Rant on OKRoads.com was).

Let me first get started with the reasons why OKRoads.com & OKHighways.com have not really seen any updates in the last two years:

  • Laptop issues: About two years ago, my laptop's monitor stopped working, and it would've cost more to replace it than to get a new laptop. So I got a new laptop. Problem is; all my road pics and webpages up to that time were saved on the old laptop. I did backup some of the site but not all of it.
  • Time constraints: Two years ago my life started to become much busier and tiring than it had been. Thus, updating the website wasn't my top priority.
  • Marriage: Part of the reason my life became busier was because in the past two years, the Good Lord blessed me with a wonderful young lady who, since 10/25/08, has been my wife. :) Thankfully, she is a "road scholar" also and enjoys tagging along with me on my roadtrips.

The good news in all this is that I never really stopped taking road sign pictures, and pictures taken since May 2007 are all on my Flickr page (http://www.flickr.com/okroads). Most pictures are from Oklahoma (go figure) but I also have pics from trips to Memphis in May 2007, Arlington & Dallas, TX in August 2007, and my honeymoon roadtrip from Oklahoma City to Key West, FL, and back, in December 2008 & January 2009. There are over 10,000 pictures on my Flickr page, with more to come from trips in 2006 (yes, I am 3 years behind on road pictures!).

This may be the longest blog post I ever write (that's why I'm not on Twitter because I type too much LOL) but I look forward to updating this blog frequently, Lord willing.

ES

No comments: